At London Box Sash Windows we know that the glass that’s used in your sash windows has one of the most important roles of all. We know you want to increase your quality of life and reduce energy costs by improving thermal performance. That’s why you have the option of glazing your sash windows to ‘A’ rated specifications, exceeding the latest building regulation requirements.
Your sash windows are glazed using the highest-performance 24mm double-glazed units. They have 16mm argon gas filled cavities, with a white Warmedge ‘Swisspacer’ bar dividing the outer and inner pane, giving the double-glazed units optimum thermal performance. The double-glazed units provide an indicative centre pane U-Value of 1.2 W/m2K. You can also incorporate other depths of double glazed units, including Slimline DGUs that can be used in certain conservation areas.
To protect and prolong the life of your double-glazed units you also have the option of incorporating London Box Sash Windows unique drained and vented rebate glazing system to prevent premature failure of your glazing unit seals by allowing any trapped moisture to drain through small, concealed drainage holes. This has allowed us to double your guarantee against premature failure.
Your sash windows can also incorporate a variety of other glass options to suit your specific requirements:
- If security is an issue Laminated security glass can be used
- For safety toughened glass would be installed
- To reduce noise pollution you can use Acoustic Glass – Your Double-glazed units can incorporate acoustic insulating 6.8mm laminated glass (35db Rw). Acoustic glass combines two sheets of clear glass bonded together with a totally transparent interlayer. The interlayer absorbs sound and decreases the level transmitted through the glass, keeping the noise either in or out.
- Textured or Sandblasted glass for privacy
- Traditional Stained Glass